Prompt: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

Prompt: At the end of a long fun day I look back and somewhat reminisce about the fun day I had. It reminds me that as you have fun time passes on and you remember these moments as short-lived moments. Those moments have made me value the people that I'm around and the things I am privileged to do. Now every time that I'm out or somewhere having fun I soak in the moment and avoid being on my phone. I stay close to the people who have brought me laughter and enjoy every moment.

Summary: We read and analyzed the poem ¨ Because I could not stop for Death¨ by Emily Dickinson and related them back to ourselves together as a class.

Reflection: I have realized that no one can avoid death so it's better to live to the fullest until it's your time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.