Prompt: How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.
Response: Creating my own origin myth helped me better realize why origin myths were popularized by cultures and how they used them to give people a sense of knowing. While developing my own origin myth I wanted to include natural elements and avoid creating something entirely different or new to myths. My myth represents human misunderstandings and mythical elements. I wanted my lesson to show the damage lies can do to people and their relationships while also involving the creation of environment features and humans.
Summary: Today we learned how to involve lessons in myths.
Reflections: Creating an origin myth involved thinking about how I would add certain elements. This allowed me to figure out a theme that would easily fit the origin myth.
Comments
Post a Comment